Saturday, July 12, 2008

John Anderson










I met John Anderson about 10 years ago in an art gallery in Point Reyes, CA after coming across a flyer for his exhibition that included a photo of one of his paintings. At the time I didn't know his work, but I was familiar with his mentor Gordon Onslow Ford's paintings and writings. We met and spoke briefly about how he met Onslow Ford and about his work in general. Unfortunately I don't recall any details of the conversation.

Two days ago I happened to walk into the Weinstein Gallery in San Francisco and saw that besides having an amazing collection of Onslow Ford's work, they also are now representing Anderson. There is a whole floor dedicated to both of their work. The visual electricity in that room is overpowering!


(Images courtesy Weinstein Gallery)

See also: www.lucidart.org

No comments: